Global Resource Design Corp. currently has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in Longmont. GRD has fast paced, challenging and ongoing career opportunities for the right candidates.
- Co-ordinate all Mechanical engineering activities of a project.
- Supervise Mechanical project team.
- Review technical data sheet, specifications and tender packages for Mechanical equipment systems, technical selection, calculation, sizing and evaluation of equipment packages.
- Ensure design conformance with specifications.
- Authenticate deliverables as per client and technical jurisdiction requirements.
- Review vendor designs, submissions, drawings and mechanical details/calculations for compliance with RFQ documents and Client/Project requirements.
- Direct activities to ensure that fabrication, installation and operational commissioning meet recognized codes and standards and customer requirements.
- Evaluate the desired goal of a system and assist in the, design or selection of the appropriate equipment to achieve the project design objectives.
- General assistance with the day to day activities.
- Training/mentoring of other Mechanical Engineers.
- Learn, grow, develop and have fun along the way!
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 8-15 years of oil and gas industry experience, with at least 5 years of North American EPCM experience as a mechanical/package engineer.
- A sound understanding of mechanical principles and practices.
- A sound understanding of ASME and CSA piping systems.
- Knowledge of refrigeration, liquids processing, pumps, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, coolers, rotary and reciprocating compressor packages is an asset.
- Proven ability to work with a multidisciplinary team including Process, Project, Regulatory, Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, Project Administration/Services, QC, Procurement and Construction Management.
- Knowledge of applicable provincial, federal and industry codes and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A desire to be a strong team lead and contributor in a dynamic, quality focused organization.
- Construction and operations experience is an asset.
- P.E in state of Colorado.
Please send resume to: email@example.com or Apply Online