Global Resource Design Inc. (GRDi) is current looking for 2 qualified Automation Engineers in the Denver area.
These positions are full time and are based in the client’s downtown office with periodic presence in the client’s field office and facilities.
The Automation engineer shall work under the direction of the client’s Automation lead and provide services based on the responsibilities list below.
- Ability to work in an automation engineering group involved in the conception, planning and development of engineering design, projects, processes, proposals and estimates.
- Manage through to completion in accordance with the schedule and budget on assigned major projects of highly technical complexity.
- Assist in the negotiation of critical engineering issues.
- Develop, implement and maintain existing and new design standards, guides, and procedures.
- Meet frequently with clients Automation lead to discuss projects.
- Assign and review the work of subordinate design engineering staff.
- Establish scope of work for client contractors.
- Develop the organization procedures, methods and controls to be exercised.
- Administer the planning, scheduling, cost control and technical conformance to design during design phases of major project.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and clients.
- Plan, administer and expedite work of contractors or regional maintenance teams.
- Lead and/or provide expert level technical knowledge and guidance in the design and delivery of highly complex and technically challenging engineering projects within their
- Determine the detailed engineering design criteria to be employed by the design team.
- Plan and assign engineering work to other members of the design team.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of design throughout the project.
- Attend project coordination meetings and PHA’s.
- Coordinate design criteria with other disciplines.
- Ensure the development of specifications for automation and electrical work if required.
- Ensure that all automation and electrical work is inquired, evaluated and purchased.
- Evaluate and forecast the material costs for all automation and electrical work.
- Ensure that all automation deliverables are checked and verified as per client standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Has a Degree in Engineering or Related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing
- Experience in P&ID development and preparation of key project documentation such as specifications, shutdown keys, I/O drawings, system architecture drawings, HAZOPS and
- Experience supervising personnel within a small project group.
- Extensive experience in using the following programs:
- Microsoft Word, Excel & Visio
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Online