Global Resource Design Inc. (GRDi) currently has an opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Electrical Designer to join our growing team in Calgary. GRDi has fast paced, challenging and ongoing career opportunities for the right candidates.
- Conduct design and technical drawing activities with respect to client requirements, meeting technical standards
- Provide Design support for Engineers
- Prepare advanced drawings using the latest version of AutoCAD
- Prepare Layouts and designs according to engineering specifications
- Ensure codes, standards and client preferences are incorporated into the design
- Perform independently hands on design to produce deliverables such as single line diagrams, area classification drawings, electrical load lists, equipment datasheets, equipment layouts, grounding layouts, lighting layouts, cable tray layouts, cable schedules, panel schedules, control schematics, electric heat trace design, wiring diagrams, 3D models, and construction work packages.
- Update drawings from mark-ups and red lines
- Initiates and completes engineering drawings for complex pieces of a project with little or no supervision.
- Ensure adherence to applicable standards, policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- 2 Year Diploma or Equivalent education in related field
- Minimum 5 years experience as an electrical designer
- Experience or courses in 3D an asset
- Proficient in CADD
- Strong written, and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work to meet project deadlines
- The ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and driven to find the best solutions
- Ability to work with and implement code
- Versatile with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Please send resume to: email@example.com or Apply Online